Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Troubled Heart

These days my heart is not in a good condition. It's not like I have illness or a heart disease, but what I mean by not in a good condition is that it's unstable.
How you might ask, and I shall give you the answer.
Well, you see, I'm really a stubborn, selfish person. And when something occurs (like in this situation that I am in right now), my heart starts to be tossed back and forth, like a ship in middle of a storm.
The trials of life comes in, and I tend to give in, and you can say that I drown in the sea.

But the encouraging thing is that God is there. Even in the Bible, it says "do not be worried." God would not tell you so, if you weren't. But it's difficult not to be worried.

From what I think, God does not expect us not to worry...This is because, if we were not worried, and life seems to be going okay, how will God than help you or comfort you?

I think the key is "reliance." God is telling me that when I am worried, I need to rely on God's comfort, not the comforts of this world. It is very easy to get comforted by the things we see and able to get right there and than. But God wants to comfort me, and you (to those who are reading this blog post). But I can't see God in a physical form, or able to hear what God is saying through my ear.

That's where "Faith" comes in. Faith is believing in the things unseen. God is not able to be seen. And even if we are able to see God, we would die (for the Bible tells me so). God wants us to rely on Him, on His strength and power.

When I come to realize in that face, that troubled heart disappear and I have peace in my heart. why? Because God is working in my heart. This I know for sure.

So an encouragement to those who are reading this blog....

If you are going through the same experience as me, which is having a troubled heart, think back and realize that God wants to comfort you. And when you accept that truly from your heart, God gives you a peace in your heart, calming that storm. But be warned, if you accept it, than don't look back. Looking back will only turn you into a pillar of salt.

No comments: