Friday, May 6, 2011

Week trip to Main Land

Well, I had a privilege to go to Tokyo with Pastor Tommy Ruiz. One of the reasons that we went up to Tokyo was to attend the annual Calvary Chapel Conference. And this year it was held at Kokubunji. This conference was held on Friday and Saturday(4/29-4/30). Anther reason for this trip was for the Worship Conference that Pastor Tommy hosted at Maranatha Grace Fellowship in Nagano Perfecture. (This is Aya Nakamura's home church, one of the Bible College students here at the Bible College) It was a blessing time there. We were able to encourage the Body there at Nagano, and I had the opportunity to help with the children's ministry there. There was four children, which three of them happened to be Aya's Nieces

(From Top left to right)
Me, Yukiko (Pastor Kazunari's wife), Azumi
Sawa(Aya's niece), Hana(Aya's niece), and Hikari


Aya's older brother and Aya's niece, Michi-chan

The Worship Conference at Nagano was only for two days (Tuesday and Wednesday night), so it was short. However, what touched my heart was that Hikari actually cried on Wednesday night because I was leaving the next day. Even though I only hang around with the girls for three hours, God somehow used me to touch the heart of the children. It was heart-touching.

On Thursday, we headed back to Tokyo. It was a long trip there but it was amazing time. On the way back through the Highway, we were able to see Mt. Fuji! I was not able to take a good picture but you can see the picture which Pastor Tommy took on e3missions!

Than Friday! the first day of conference. At the conference I was able to meet with my old and good friend Rusty and Amber Spearmans! I have not seen them for over two years, so it was awesome to see the two of them, and to the addition of the family, their daughter Adelle! I also saw Yasutomo, Jiai, Christina, Michael Snider, Pastor Kiyomasa, Pastor Rich Rose, Pastor Travis, Pastor Santou, and many others. It was great seeing them doing so well!

So the same thing happens on Saturday, but with a little disappointment. The place where the conference was held, there was a time limit of how long we can stay in. And due to having no time, the last speaker had to cut off his message short, and I was left hanging. Also we took communion, but with a rush. All of the messages that the speakers shared was amazing, but because of the time limit, we had to go.

Interestingly, on Saturday night, after the conference, I went to Tatsuhiko's house to spend the night. This was because Pastor Santou invited me to his church on Sunday, and it was best for me to stay at their house for a night. So, at the conference, I met with Tatsuhiko's younger brother, Toshiya, and he took me to his house. Tatsuhiko's family are really nice people, and they all like sports.

And on Sunday, I went to Pastor Santou's church, Calvary Chapel West Tokyo! It was very amazing, and also it was my first time attending a Japanese church. But like Calvary Ginowan, there was a guest speaker there, so it was translated. (Pastor Santou translated it to Japanese). I attended the first service and on the second service I went to help with the children's ministry. Pastor Santou's son, Yuki taught the children, and Yoshiya, who is the oldest son of Pastor Santou, was also there helping. It was a blessing time there.

But not only that, I was able to meet up with Sho, who came and attended the S.O.S (summer of service) program last year in Okinawa. He does not go to Pastor Santou's church. But his father is a Pastor and their church is like 30 meters away from Calvary West Tokyo!! It was a blessed time to see him once more, and spent time together with him.

And on Sunday night, mostly everyone went to Pastor Rich's church in Fuchu, for the church dedication. That was amazing! I had a great fellowship time at Calvary Fuchu.

this is a short summary of the trip. There is more to tell, but it might take weeks to tell all of it!!!

But from this trip, God spoke to me about life of prayer. I was able to see that there is a body of Christ (brothers and sisters) who needs to be encouraged. Even though I am not able to be there physically, God showed me that I can pray for them. I do not have a strong prayer life, but this semester here at the Bible college, it looks like God is speaking to me about prayer. So like Jesus, I want to become a man of prayer! It's difficult, but it is not by my strength but by God's!!


No comments: