Sunday, August 28, 2011

First Sunday service @ CC Fuchu


Well the first sunday at CC Fuchu was great! What was interesting was that Pastor Rich taught from the same portion of Scripture where Pastor Tommy (CC Ginowan) was teaching out from. So the message was from 1 Corinthians 7:17-40.

Today's message really spoke to my heart. From verses 17-24, Paul tells us that no matter what kind of situation that we are in, we have to remember to do what we are called to do. And often times I want to change the situation, "Oh, if it was like this, I would be able to serve God more better." etc. (you get the idea).

But what Paul is saying that whatever situation that I am in, slave or free, God put me in to that situation, and I have the responsibility to use that situation to bring God the glory or not.

And as I am in Tokyo right now, I have to be content in what God has called me out here for, to teach the book of Mark to those who are going to be here and also to serve at the churches and to be available to the people.

After the service, everyone went to buy bento (or some even brought it) and gathered back at the church. And when everyone was back, we all ate lunch together. It was interesting, because back in Okinawa we would just split and go out to eat with one another. But it was a blessed time to spend time with the CC Fuchu family. (even though I was not able to talk to many of them...)

Zach got tired, so he decided to take a nap around three or so haha


No comments: